Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Rugs UK.
- “you”, “your”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Collection of your personal information
We only collect the information that we need to provide you with the information you seek or to supply the products that you order in accordance with GDPR.
We may collect the following information:
- Your full name
- Your business/company name if applicable
- Your address
- Your telephone number/s
- Your email address
- Your IP address
- The time and date of your order/enquiry
- Any instructions supplied regarding your order/enquiry
- Details of your order/enquiry and any associated payment transactions
How we use your personal information
We use the information that you provide to process orders that you place and to reply to questions and issues that you raise in accordance with GDPR.
We may use your personal information to:
- Make our products/services available to you
- Arrange delivery/return of products that you order
- Answer questions and queries that you may raise
- Maintain our accounting information
- Customise your shopping experience
- Internal sales statistics
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
You have the ability to accept or decline the cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
Cookies and Google analytics (example)
By using our Website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Rugs UK, Google and other suppliers we might use for the purposes of website traffic analysis from time to time in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Fair & Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003